Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2011

See how to fix McAfee Download Manager Issues


Last night while downloading McAfee Internet Security Suite on my Windows 7 PC I encountered an error “0x000001f4-” when the Download Manager tried to access the McAfee Web site. It prompted me to try running the Download Manager again.
But after repeated attempt I couldn’t get a breakthrough. Then I dialed up McAfee number to seek experts’ help to fix issues, and I was connected instantly. After formal information sharing with a technician I got an article titled “Enable SSL 3.0” and was as follows:
·         Open “Internet Explorer”.
·         Click the “Tools” menu and select “Internet Options”.
·         Click the “Advanced” tab.
·         Verify “Use SSL 3.0” is enabled.
·         Click “Apply”.
·         Click “Ok”.
·         Close all Internet Explorer windows.
·         Open Internet Explorer and try your download again.
A note was given at the end stating: Check for outdated software and uninstall older products if the problem persists. Uninstallation can be done through Windows Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs in XP, “Programs and Features” in Vista and Windows 7) or by using a recommended removal tool.
Fortunately, the solution worked for me, and I downloaded the software and installed it on my machine. Later, the technician assisted me to tweak the console settings of the software to make it more effective against e-mail spamming and phishing. He also configured the automatic update and scanning features. It was a wonderful McAfee Support which I will cherish forever.
Hopefully, it will do a wonder for you as well. However, you may contact McAfee Help desk and ask technicians to do it remotely for you.

Enjoy round-the-clock Antivirus Support for unlimited support and keep your digital assets protected against Internet threats.