Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

When Uninstalling McAfee becomes a Gong for the Outlook 2010


I wonder often, that why brands have become so much instinctive regarding sales. When it comes to installing any security software, you will get a lot of stuffs from the developer end. Wade through knowledgebase, video tutorials and more, but when you need to uninstall any software from your machine to fix any problems all will go mute.


Last week, while working on my Dell PC I was trapped in an uneasy situation. Actually, I did a McAfee update and soon I noticed that the Outlook 2010 program is not working. I was getting errors while sending an e-mail with attachments of MS Word files. I was frustrated as it was to be done urgently. I navigated through web to find a fix for free, but all in vain. I contacted a friend to get some help. He directed me to disable McAfee Add-in for Outlook 2010 from the SecurityCenter option available under the console settings of the product. I was happy to do it on my own; further he instructed me to check the status of the system. However, it didn’t bring any fruition but I said, “Thanks” to him for the courtesy to help at the dark moment.


Lastly, I pulled out McAfee Support number and contacted a technician for the remote support. After a short discourse regarding the issue, he asked for the remote access of my machine. Soon after getting a green light he started troubleshooting. He uninstalledMcAfee and restored it back with the latest update. He also configured the security product besides assessing the Windows Firewall settings, and asked me to disconnect the session and restart the system.


It was the real gong of the McAfee help-desk, and I took a sigh of relief when I found Outlook working the right way. I sent the mail, and went to bed for a cool sleep.